A few miles southwest of Quartzsite is La Cholla mining district located on the eastern side of the Dome Rock Mountains. He was quick to say, “NO! I stopped at the entrance and was looking at a satellite view on my phone when an elderly couple stopped to check on me. Overall feeling. Cost of Renting an RV More about AllStays I was in the old trading post in Congress, Az. Let’s take a look at some of Arizona’s most … Location: East of Quartzsite. Quartzsite is a great place to try your hand at nugget-shooting. It is a favorite winter retreat for snowbirds, so it can get a bit crowded from Nov-March. Some were super deep. Just about any dry gulch in this area will produce some gold. Campendium is an Amazon associate site and earns from qualifying purchases. First contact with a snow bird. Otherwise read on. Everyone I have met that use the app are normally super friendly. Now your dog has them stuck in there tongue, lips, and gums. But when I asked if there was enough room to turn around further up the road. Skip down for that reason. she had a bit of a puzzeled look on her face. They finally dry up leaving a carpet of 3/4” long spikes with barbs. Nights around 45. There are lots of trails around for hiking/biking, and there are a few ATV's every day, but it is really a peaceful, secluded area to hang out and shelter in place. 20.00 a year to join. But I’ll never bring a dog here again. Not fun. Day time highs up to 78. These mountains are still loaded with gold, and were once a hotspot for early mining activity. I spent at least 1.5 hours removing the tire spikes from 2 dogs. B & Bs As you know, the entire area around Quartzsite is a huge placer field. more. The gold in this area is mostly fine, but I know of one quarter-ounce nugget found lying on the top of the ground in plain sight, and my neighbor has a hand-full of small nuggets that he has metal detected right above (west) of this Road Guides, free, 100 sites, All Year, RVs only, All ages, No tent, 100 ft max RV length, 870 ft elev, Accepts Big Rigs, pet friendly, (C). Lucky for me my dogs trust me and knew I was trying to help. Check around Elephant Back Mountain south of Interstate 10, and around Ibex Peak north of the Interstate. RV LED Lights Gold Nugget Mine (Guadalupe Mine; Moreno Mine), Plomosa Pass, Plomosa Mining District, Plomosa Mountains, La Paz County, Arizona, USA : ‡Ref. Be the first to add a video for Gold Nugget Road Dispersed! The main area is south of the interstate, but I ... This gold nugget was found with a Minelab Machine. I’ll take a Bear, Mountain lion, Coyote, and the cold of the forest over this mess anytime. Site Map A prospector made an extraordinary discovery yesterday, when he found an "incredibly rare" 12-pound (5.5-kilogram) gold nugget under only 23 inches of dirt. Add Other Places, AllStays Classic Guides Learn more: Boondocking 101, Reported by Paul Across America on 3/31/2020. Dangerous RV Signs The weather is all that is good about it. According to the Free Campsites website, there is dispersed camping on BLM land on Gold Nugget Road east of Quartzsite. 4X4 RVs: Wandering Off Road Luxury Hotels Paul Across America would stay here again. I don't know what this place is like in mid-season, but at the end of March it is nearly deserted. See 3 photos from 42 visitors to Golden Nugget Rd. The claims cover an approximately 1320-acre area of There are, in fact, many gold districts, as well as thousands of gold mines, gulches, washes, and prospects worth exploring using a … Death in Death Valley Gold Prospecting in Arizona … This state has a rich history of gold mining and there are hundreds of areas there that produce gold and are great for gold prospecting! The only thing worse then these things is a Porcupine. But this was something even worse. Avoiding Sunburns On Hikes Perhaps in 8 years when the dogs die I’ll try again. Gold Nugget Rd Quartzsite, AZ 85346 928-317-3200 Official Website GPS: 33.6751, -114.078 Upload Photos View 34 Photos Stay clear of the Gold Nugget Mine, which is still active. There is no room for a trailer like yours”. They were definitely not a Campendium user. How Old Are My RV Tires? No services, it is strictly primitive, dispersed camping. This was one of the most productive placer mining areas in the state. The strong box full of gold coins is likely buried somewhere nearby. If you have plans on going to Quartzsite to hunt for gold you better make it quick. Where and How to Find Gold - Gold Nugget Detecting - Natural Gold 1000 X worse. If you're looking to hunt for gold and find some gold in Quartzsite, AZ you may want to give Steve a call. The Access to this claim is very easy! RV Tips for Beginners Factory in Quartzsite, AZ Foursquare uses cookies to provide you with an optimal experience, to personalize ads that you may see, and to help advertisers measure the results of their ad campaigns. Terms The weight of those coins would have prevented Ruggles from carrying it very far. It is getting hot. Some are pretty specimens that are fun to add to your rock garden, while others can actually be quite valuable to collectors. Real Suites Become a Campendium Supporter and enjoy ad-free browsing plus bonus features! Ski Resorts Quartzsite Campgrounds, WebsiteView MapReviews Photo Search*Add ReviewNavigation*Update InfoStreetView*, Sign up for more pure information, faster, no ads, privacy, full screen maps, more filters, layers for traffic, biking, transit, over half a million search combinations. Contact Us Finding Gold In Quartzsite Arizona I went out on my very first nugget shooting trip on the Gold Eye 2 Claim owned by Steve Hunt. Camping > Gold Nugget Road is a dispersed boondocking location, accessibility is not guaranteed, always scout ahead before driving down dirt roads. RVs Without Warranty The main area is south of the interstate, but I did see one 5-er on the north side. Skip down for that reason. It doesn’t seem like a permit is required to stay there. Tent Rocks Spectacular Views Privacy Policy Description: The Quartzsite Off-Road Trail Map is the definitive off-road guide to Quartzsite, Arizona. (I have a 32 foot horse trailer) Support So straight from the start my first contact was with one of them types that think they own the place. Pet Friendly Facebook I asked him then how he has done at the claim, told me last season got a nugget dry washing Hunting for Gold in the Quartzsite Area of Western Arizona October 2013 by Jane Alene Boyles Winters are a great time to explore the hills in the area of the Middle Camp, Oro Fino and La Cholla placers on the southern flank of the Dome Rock Mountains. First contact with a snow bird. Quartzsite Gold & Treasure Show Fri, Feb 9, 2018 9:00 AM 09:00 Sun, Feb 11, 2018 4:00 PM 16:00 quartzsite improvement association (map) By continuing to use our site, you accept the use of our cookies as described in … Now I have been dealing with Goat Head thorns through Colorado, Oklahoma, Texas, and up through New Mexico. Dripping Springs has a stone cabin and terrific Native It’s almost better to use needle nose pliers. Otherwise read on. I stopped at the en... more. This unpatented mining claim is set near several abandoned gold mines the beautiful area of Prescott AZ near Pine Flat. Please select a reason for flagging this item: © 2020 Campendium Inc. All rights reserved. I managed to get out there for 3 days on an outing and the first two were very good. You must use tweezers and give them a hard pull. Be the first to add a note for Gold Nugget Road Dispersed! The lady behind the counter said its for sale, I replied no thanks, I prospect for gold I dont buy it. On HWY 95 in Quartzsite there is a gold store called Gold Miser and they run the club. He then said, “The only wide spot is right here and I should not go any further up”. So your dogs first instinct is to try and lick their paws to get them out. Twitter I looked in the pan, the guy pointed at a speck, said "that' gold, there is gold, that's gold and those are also gold" but it was small. The weather is all that is good about it. Jobs, Connect Best California Beaches North Home Small, newer RV Park - good for a night or two. One of the best places to find gold in Arizona is the Little San Domingo area near Wickenburg. Day time highs up to 78. Even with tweezers they are hard to grip. Spa Resorts Theses make a Star Thistle seem like nothing. Haunted Hotels, Extended Stays If you venture too far South on Gold Nugget Road you will enter the KOFA Wilderness Area that is off limits to metal detecting. The barb makes them almost impossible to remove. Eight miles from town, there are maybe a half-dozen other rigs here. Upload your own Quartzsite, AZ photo and show it to the world! Difficulty: Moderate. It doesn’t seem like a permit is required to stay there. (Knock On Wood). Was in the passenger seat next to his wife holding a small poodle dog. That was nice of them. AZ > Placer gold has been found on both sides, North and South of Gold Nugget Road and Interstate 10. No problem for a rig of any size. Description: This area is dotted with historic mines and stone cabins. Sign in to follow this Followers 4 Where will Quartzsite camp be? According to the Free Campsites website, there is dispersed camping on BLM land on Gold Nugget Road east of Quartzsite. There are wide expanses of public land open to collecting, and an amazing variety of different minerals to collect. Eight miles from town, there are maybe a half-dozen other rigs here. Bug and Mice Control in RV I took the dogs on the leash to let them make doggie Squeezin. Hotels By Chain Dogs In National Forests. They fall off and when dry the wind blows them around. You can also camp for free in the Crystal Hill area of the Kofa National Wildlife Refuge, about 8 miles south of Quartzsite on Highway 95 at milepost 95. Road in Quartzsite, AZ Foursquare uses cookies to provide you with an optimal experience, to personalize ads that you may see, and to help advertisers measure the results of their ad campaigns. a few years ago adimiring a nugget they had in their glass case. You are surrounded by pine trees, mountians and streams. When the elusive gold flash-in-the-pan does appear (notice the optimistic "when," not "if"), use your sucker bottle or tweezers to remove the flake or nugget. I figured I would give Quartzsite Arizona a look and see why all the snow birds rave about it. The Drive in. Yoga Retreats I figured I would give Quartzsite Arizona a look and see why all the snow birds rave about it. Eco & Green Steve is showing us how to wash it … So after backing in and setting up. Add A Campground The roads are just fine and there is PLENTY of areas to turn around. The weather. Water and dump station are available in Quartzsite. Q&A - Ask the Community about Gold Nugget Road Dispersed, Written by someone with an affiliation to the property, Duplicate review submitted by the same member, Multiple reviews submitted by members of the same household, Reviewer did not actually visit the location, The Best RV Parks and Campgrounds in the Florida Keys, America's Top National Parks for RV Camping, The Mighty 5: All the Camping in Utah’s National Parks, The Top 15 States for RV Camping in National Forests, What You Need To Know About The New Camping Rules Near The Tetons, The Best State Park Campgrounds in Each State, Tanner and Nallely’s Favorite Camping Gear, The benefits of choosing LiFePO4 over lead-acid. You can also camp for free in the Crystal Hill area of the Kofa National Wildlife Refuge, about 8 miles south of Quartzsite on Highway 95 at milepost 95. Beautiful location, I don't know what this place is like in mid-season, but at the end of March it is nearly deserted. The summer is intensely hot, … Quartzsite, AZ Gold mines, mine companies, mine owners and mine information. Campendium users haven't asked any questions about Gold Nugget Road Dispersed, If you have a dog DO NOT GO. The man, let’s just call him Herald. Is Wal_Mart Overnight Parking Safe? If you have a dog DO NOT GO. Add A Room Use Your Watch As Compass GOLD DEPOSITS NEAR QUARTZSITE, ARIZ. 47 only 4.27 inches, and the mean annual temperature for a period of 12 years is 70.9 Fahrenheit. Add A Truck Stop There have been 1000's of nuggets picked up in this area over the years. Free travel information from the official state tourist bureau. Gun Laws and RV Travel Guide This review is the opinion of a Campendium member and not of Campendium.com, We stopped here only briefly for the evening and we were the only people. Gold Nugget Road, Quartzsite AZ 85346 Campground Details and Amenities: free, 100 sites, All Year, RVs only, All ages, No tent, 100 ft max RV length, 870 ft elev, Accepts Big Rigs, pet friendly, (C) The A good amount of prospecting has taken place around Sugarloaf Peak and La Cholla Mountain. Join now, Finding North Without a Compass The Gold Nugget Project is located in La Paz County near the town of Quartzsite in southwest Arizona (Figure 6.1, 6.2, and 6.3). Next time I am coming through town, I will stop here again. Cell Phone Dangers in the Wild Just 1/4 mile from I-10, but the road noise isn't too noticeable during the day, and virtually non-existent at night. Affiliate On Friday I got the nuggets at the top Have you written a blog post about Gold Nugget Road Dispersed? Advertising Arizona is a rockhounders paradise. Many RV adventurers are upgrading to lithium batteries because they're a superior alternative to traditional lead-acid batteries. Nights around 45. PROBLEM FOR DOGS. Not sure if it’s because of the time (May 2020 during coronavirus lockdown) or if this area just isn’t used much! it is only about 1000 feet off the Senator HWY heading south out of Prescott. Do We Need Physical Maps Now? The cactus in this area produce a bulb about 1.5 inches round by 2 inches long. While "painfully rare" describes the chances of a lucrative "strike" occurring on a weekend outing, "medium rare" often describes the sunburn new prospectors may acquire. Just 1/4 mile from I-10, but the road noise isn't too noticeable during the day, and virtually non-existent at night. In less then 10 minutes they were both stopped and shaking their paws and licking. Dry Camping Basics The weather. GOLD NUGGET HUNTING Where will Quartzsite camp be? But not while they are alive. The hills east of Quartzsite have had a lot of mining activity. I’m sure it would be worth staying if I didn’t have dogs and there was Creek or River near by to fetch water from.

gold nugget road quartzsite az

Banana Leaf Restaurant London, What Is Energy In Physics, Flax Plant Fibre, Consultant Dermatologist Salary Uk, Best String Cheese For Weight Loss, Samsung Microwave Power Level Button Not Working, Kroger Mozzarella String Cheese Nutrition Facts, Yamaha Ypt-255 Stand,