There is a red 14g steel weight that you can swap with the 2g black plastic version to move the CG back and forward a little. Cobra F9 Review: TG Verdict If there was any perceived performance gap between the biggest brands' drivers and Cobra, the gap has slammed shut in 2019. Cobra King F9 Driver Review Rickie Fowler is one of the famous faces on PGA Tour you'll see swinging the new Cobra King F9 Driver and it's loud color fits his style. The overall balance of the Cobra KING F9 Speedback kept me feeling the driver could take more swing speed – ‘let it fly’ danced in my head. Before we even start here, I’m just going to turn this introduction over to Cobra Golf. If you are doing that to the point where you are ruining lots of balls you should probably be buying the cheap balls anyway. This creates a low, deep CG inline with the sweet spot to create stability (including higher swing speeds). It would be nice to hear how changing the settings in an adjustable driver affected your results. Big Bertha goes up against the Mavrik on the golf course! Pretty average better player speed. Cobra King F9 Driver The new Cobra KING F9 SPEEDBACK Driver is the first of its kind to achieve true optimization of aerodynamics and low CG, making it the fastest and longest COBRA driver currently on … It also had that classic cobra sound. I suspect these numbers are “normal” for a great many golfers, whether we’d like to admit it or not. why Cobra didn’t mill the face of the fairway when they did it to the driver. Performance is right up there with the leading drivers in the market and for me the King F9 is one of the best drivers Cobra has done. The King F9 crown now also features ‘Power Ridges’ that act as air tripping devices to smooth the airflow, so the whole package is quite a departure from what Cobra has done before. Two ridges direct your eye to the classic Cobra logo and centerline of the club face. The Speedback design features sculpting around the sides of the head, where the yellow graphics are, to improve the airflow and it looks a bit like the back of a high performance motorbike. Give this a read: https://pluggedingolf.com/how-to-adjust-your-driver/. Eye catching from the very first photos was the Ferrari yellow trim. Today’s Forum Thread of the Day comes from QuigleyDU, who on our forums, submitted his detailed review of his experience trying out Cobra’s new F9 driver. Women & Golf Review: COBRA KING F9 Driver By Women & Golf Staff on June 11, 2019 COBRA’s KING F9 Speedback promises improvements in speed and distance, described as the perfect … Sign up for our weekly newsletter and not only will you get the latest reviews, instruction, and more delivered directly to your inbox, you’ll also be entered into regular giveaways for golf clubs, PGA Tour passes, and more. Thanks. Cobra King Speedzone Drivers Review. I got to hit the new cobra driver and I was very impressed. It also had that classic cobra sound. The high tech face provides fairway finding forgiveness. The SpeedZone driver picks up where the F9 Speedback driver … A heavy weight (14g) and light weight (2g) can be moved to the … Not as attention grabbing but equally noteworthy was the forgiveness on mishits. 5 out of 5 buy one 18 July 2010. This mostly reads like the website and/or the product intro blurbs. Cobra King F9 driver (Cobra photo) Past Cobra’s attention to speed and accuracy, the F9 also includes an adjustability feature. Your email address will not be published. Read honest and unbiased product reviews … Helium shaft was too light for me but Atmos blue spot on. The Atmos is 5 grams heavier and launches a bit lower, but was so consistent that now I’m considering it as a possibility. Online Search for the perfect Cobra King F9 Speedback Driveron sale & just for you! The Cobra King F9 Speedback drivers, the company’s engineering team will tell you, exhibit specific performance parameters that other companies cannot achieve. I was so impressed with the performance of my Cobra Speedback F9 last season, I just could not see playing anything else in 2020. Cobra King F9 driver (Cobra photo) Past Cobra’s attention to speed and accuracy, the F9 also includes an adjustability feature. It really is an awesome all-around club. Their explanation of the Cobra King F9 Speedback Driver introduces it so perfectly, it would be a disservice to say it any other way.I think Cobra is dead on and they found the right combination in this new driver. … He is referring to the “speed channel” which was a feature of all Cobra woods for generations up until the new SZ. The shaping is sleek and distinctive in keeping with the aero theme. Rebound Frame technology focuses on speed. Loft adjustments etc. As the years go on the Cobra hybrids still feature this fantastic and easy to use rail system that allows the ball to … the driver i was using was a masker tw-72 , mid 90's,after trying the cobra it has transformed my game, not a huge leap in distance but the accuarcy is phenominal, a truly great driver … Then with the King F8, they went all Nardo grey on us. Seems like if you are going to take the time to review a club, you could talk more about those features and how they had a effect on you personally. They also provide visual interest without looking busy. This creates a low, deep CG inline with the sweet spot to create stability (including higher swing speeds). When I look at the past few years of Cobra drivers, I can see how key elements of their designs have culminated in arguably Cobra’s best driver t… Cobra is working with other grip manufacturers and expects to expand its offerings beyond Lamkin in the not so distant future. All Rights Reserved.. The KING® F9 SPEEDBACK™ drivers are equipped with COBRA CONNECT Technology, Powered by Arccos. Recommended to you based on your activity and what's popular • Feedback I got to hit the new cobra driver and I was very impressed. Copyright © 2020 Plugged In Golf. The sound and feel of the King F9 driver was also a little better too and combined with a good selection of quality shafts you get a club that feels very poised and stable. Give the Cobra KING F9 Speedback driver a try for yourself and join the conversation. Cobra Golf introduced the F-Max design for the first time in 2017 and the new Airspeed version is the latest generation of the popular family of clubs with the irons taking centre stage in the attractive set. In order to make the head go through the air quicker with less drag, they have softened the leading edges, made the crown a little flatter and moved the skirt or trailing edge of the driver upwards. Having used the f9 speedback driver a few time Noticed that my golf balls were starting to score ( ie split the covering) so having a good look at the club I found a small ridge where the face is joined to the crown is this a fault or or design (very very disappointed) I bought the club from American Golf discount. why Cobra didn’t mill the face of the fairway when they did it to the driver. Like all Cobra clubs these days, you can also verify your performance on the course by using the Cobra Connect sensor that is built into the grip and feeds data back to the free Cobra Connect app and Arccos Caddie service. Earlier, I mentioned many of the performance elements of the driver head that achieve Cobra’s two main design goals – max clubhead speed and low center of gravity. Retail price for F9 Speedback Driver … Cobra F9 vs. Taylormade M2 Driver Comparison & Review If you have narrowed down your driver search to the TaylorMade M2 and the Cobra F9, you have already done some great work. Cobra King F9 Driver Review Rickie Fowler is one of the famous faces on PGA Tour you'll see swinging the new Cobra King F9 Driver and it's loud color fits his style. Promising more distance, no matter how you swing it! Read honest and unbiased product reviews … Electronically enabled grips work in conjunction with the Arccos Driver app on your … Turns out the CNC milled face, a remarkable feat of precision on its own, also includes Dual Roll Technology designed for straighter, more consistent ball flights. By easylifematt. I have used the driver for the first time today at 10.5 std set up and was hooking the ball all day. The F-Max Airspeed driver … Cobra Golf 2019 F9 Speedback Driver Cobra is in the business of innovation. Cobra has addressed these issues and fixed them for F9. Since the AMP Cell driver in 2012, Cobra has played around with bright colours on their driver heads. Your swing speed very similar to me so I was interested in the results. Cobra F9 Hybrid Review 2020 The Cobra Baffler Rails technology just will not go away. Cobra King answered the call with the King SpeedZone driver. How can the Speedzone improve on the F9 Speedback? Women & Golf Review: COBRA KING F9 Driver By Women & Golf Staff on June 11, 2019 COBRA’s KING F9 Speedback promises improvements in speed and distance, described as the perfect … The design of the Cobra King F9 Speedback driver starts on the re-imagined sole shape featuring Speedback technology. This does of course hurt the aerodynamics a little, but the gain in performance from the better CG position offsets this. Experienced some increase in distance on the monitor but the look and customer service is the true reason for the purchase. One such market winner is Cobra King F9 driver that has made the consumers mesmerized with gorgeous design and elegant engineering. You can read all about … The F8 irons, like the driver, produced some of the fastest ball speeds in the industry, but lacked some forgiveness relative to competing irons in the genre. A better way to drop the spin is to reduce loft and I turned the hosel down -1° to 9.5° and took off around 200 rpm of spin. I am not sure the weights really do anything more than fine tune the feel, but for some they may prove more beneficial. This high ‘tail’ is what improves the aerodynamics as it looks more like the shape of an aeroplane wing. I’ve heard many complaints about cut balls when hitting Cobra drivers, but you have to be missing the center of face really badly to make contact with the channel. Cobra raised the skirts on the sole behind the toe and heel, while the center of the club is flush with the bottom edge of the clubface. As you are only moving 12g across 7cm, then the benefit is more from a change in balance, sound and feel from the different weight position. First time out, for 9 holes, almost all of my … That distance can’t be correct with a driver. The crown features exposed carbon fiber that wraps over the trailing edges. That dispersion looks pretty good, as well. Their new driver, the Cobra King F9 Speedback driver has had incredible reviews, so I had to try it out myself. Across the front of the crown, slightly raised polymer ‘trips’ are one of the aerodynamic features of the KING F9 Speedback. Two new TS models giving new meaning to 'Titleist Speed Project', New tour cavity iron gets the MIM treatment, King Supersport-35 designed with HP and SIK, New Metal Injection Molding technology put to the test, free Cobra Connect app and Arccos Caddie service, Helium 50 , Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Blue 6, Project X HZRDUS Smoke 60, Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Black 7. The bottom of the club head highlights the namesake SPEEDBACK shaping, which features a raised skirt and low weight pod on the trailing edge. I noticed a 2-3mph swing speed increase after shaft was dialled in. The F9 Speedback was one of the best selling drivers in it's category, and with good reason. Catching one low on the face still sent the ball high and straight. Matt lives in sunny Orlando with his wife who allows his golf obsession to stretch the limits of normalcy. All about swing speed. I recently tried the Atmos Blue 6R. Luckily the Cobra site has great visual aids to help explain it all. On reasonably good strikes, my shots had wonderful trajectories that carried past my normal landing markers and rolled out nicely. Moving the heavier weight to the front should have dropped the spin a little, but for me it was only fractionally lower and gave the same distance. As shown in this review… Sound was a consistent, medium volume composite ‘crack’ with a deep tone. The new 2019 Cobra King F9 Driver looks like the Ferrari of golf drivers … The King F9 was a big success story for Cobra so we were keen to discover how its replacement, the King Speedzone, stacked up. All Rights Reserved.. https://pluggedingolf.com/how-to-adjust-your-driver/, Callaway Big Bertha B21 Fairway Wood Review, Podcast Episode 111 – Noelle Zavaleta on Social Media, PR, and More. Tagging one out on the toe created a flight that was low but straight. Hang around enough golfers in various places and common subjects emerge out of the chatter. Getting the right loft seems to be the key to unlocking the performance, whether with the initial head loft or by using the adjustable hosel. The stock grip is a Cobra Connect enabled Lamkin Crossline 58+. The face incorporates two vertical roll curvatures, three horizontal bulge curvatures, plus variable face thickness in an elliptical square pattern. Cobra Golf 2020 Airspeed Driver Offset Black-Blue (Men's, Right Hand, Reg Flex, 10.5) By cobra-golf. You've also got a CNC Precision … I would go along with this, as I think Cobra has finally got the right balance of visuals that will have wider appeal because they are classy with a little bit of style. I've always liked and wanted to play a Cobra driver … In this driver, you will get the famous … Cobra King Speedzone Drivers Review 2019 was a great year for Cobra. With the original jailbreak technology, plus an AI … Enjoyed the review Matt! With the original jailbreak technology, plus an AI … While counter balanced, the UST Mamiya Helium shaft still left the club with a bit of head weight that provided subtle feedback on head location during the swing. These two drivers … The design of the Cobra King F9 Speedback driver starts on the re-imagined sole shape featuring Speedback technology. On the launch monitor at Club Champion I wasn’t surprised at the data as it echoed my experiences outdoors. Message document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "a458c82cb1335ff88ca45fc2d1ac0481" );document.getElementById("bc09f2d6ac").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Callaway Epic Flash/Epic Flash Sub Zero. Some will find it off putting, it is a little loud but it took me back to the golden days of cobra drivers… The high tech face provides fairway finding forgiveness. 2nd Swing Golf: Best golf equipment shopping experience & world-class service. Driver design tends to focus either on aerodynamics for club head speed or low CG for forgiveness, but Cobra claim that the King F9 Speedback driver can do both equally as well. I got 4-5 mph increase in ball speed, significant distance increases and a really straight flight. Thanks for the compliment (hopefully) – but I believe you have me confused with the younger, faster swinging Matt Saturnus. Cobra F9 9, Fujikura Atmos 6s +1.5 Cobra F9 3-4 Tour with Project X Hzrdus 6.0 +1.5 Cobra King Utility 20.5 Elements Chrome S 20.5 Mizuno MP 20 HMB 5-6, MMC 7-8, MP 9-P KBS C … The KING® F9 SPEEDBACK™ drivers are equipped with COBRA CONNECT Technology, Powered by Arccos. Thanks, Matt. Today’s Forum Thread of the Day comes from QuigleyDU, who on our forums, submitted his detailed review of his experience trying out Cobra’s new F9 driver. The King F9 face continues with the same circular Milled CNC pattern of the F8 that is more consistently thin from one head to the next than if it was finished manually. Found plenty of stock shafts to choose from. Across the board, the numbers were super solid – highlighted by impressive ball speeds and remarkable consistency. Cobra F9 Club Test & Review We’re approaching the period where plenty of new drivers are soon to hit the market, and in QuigleyDU’s review, he speaks very highly of the new addition from Cobra. Heavy weight forward or back. The main … Before we even start here, I’m just going to turn this introduction over to Cobra Golf. We’re approaching the period where plenty of new drivers are soon to hit the market, and in QuigleyDU’s review, he speaks very highly of the new addition from Cobra. Not the 120MPH beastly hitter speed, but not elderly frail 85 mph either. It had great feel, and performed well. I love this option for someone who is a 20 handicap and looking to improve their game. Designed to maximize forgiveness across the face, the CobraKING SPEEDZONE XTREME driver delivers consistent performance with a distinctive look. So TaylorMade M2, while being a pricier option, tends to get more favorable ⭐ reviews than the $249 Cobra F9 Speedback, as seen on the chart below. However, it's fairly safe to say that Cobra F9 Speedback is a more popular golf club driver, based on its 200+ reviews… My normal is slight draw or straight? Two interchangeable weights (2-gram and 10-gram) are situated down t… The straighter face increased ball speed by another 1mph and I also preferred the slightly squarer look at address, so a win all round. Verdict. See the results for yourself in the exclusive video above! Two interchangeable weights (2-gram and 10-gram) are situated down t… However for a low CG you need to get the weight down, so the Speedback design combines this aero shape with a weight that protrudes from the sole at the back to lower the CG position. Your issues may also be shaft related. It had great feel, and performed well. Cobra King Speedzone Drivers Review The King F9 was a big success story for Cobra so we were keen to discover how its replacement, the King Speedzone, stacked up. Cobra Xtreme Driver Review Cobra Xtreme Driver Review. Cobra F9 driver review: First impressions It’s difficult not to be struck by the black and yellow colour of this new driver which the brand say has been inspired by sports cars. The F9 truly is top drawer, and … So many athletic people pick up the game of golf and although it is very difficult in the beginning their improvement comes relatively fast. Thanks for real world review. From my first few hits on the driving range I knew I’d be guilty of adding to the buzz around the Cobra KING F9 Speedback driver. I’m keen to stress that there is a lot more testing which needs to be done with this product but the initial signs are very good. Cobra F9 Speedback (most forgiving distance driver for any golfer) Wilson D300 (best value driver pound-for-pound) Taylormade SIM (best adjustable driver) Srixon Z585 (best for golfers who hit it toward the toe) PING G400 (best driver for higher ball flight) Cobra Speedzone Driver … Cobra are very confident that this driver … I noticed the clubhead speed was 85mph-I can identify! Featuring Speedback Technology, which combines an aerodynamic head and a low centre of gravity, the F9 Speedback is Cobra's fastest ever driver. Overall the F9 is a great hybrid; in this Cobra F9 hybrid review, we will help you … Most decent 10 and below handicappers live at about 100mph. The following two tabs change content below. The balance of the club was also very good, feeling light, yet stable and likely to find favour with all levels of golfer. Sound weird? By chisag, June 10 in ... might be every 10 years, every 5 years and for some, sooner than that. What would be a good set up with draw/fade and the two weights? I went with the more subtle avalanche off-white that also has a matte black finish on the crown. Playing around with these adjustable options did improve performance. Interesting comment, as I’m certain I could also hit this or any driver 50 yards. I’m a bit late reading this, but I just got fitted for this very driver. I can never get a read on drivers when the testers all swing at 105-115 with ball speeds and carry distances I can only dream of. Copyright © 2020 Plugged In Golf. 85Mph-I can identify delivery as 1/2″ shorter shaft ordered. ) sooner than that how can the improve... Ncg verdict standard with Cobra Connect enabled Lamkin Crossline 58+ m a bit reading. Your swing speed increase after shaft was too light for me but Atmos blue spot on up! The exclusive video above into a 10.5 RH with the more subtle avalanche off-white that also has a black. Left then worked its way back towards the target line surprised at the data as echoed! By chisag, June 10 in... might be every 10 years, every years. Sounds like a sharp ridge which is not part of the Cobra King answered the call with the F8! The sweet spot to create stability ( including higher swing speeds ) what improves the aerodynamics little! Reading this, but the look and customer service is the true reason for the purchase d like to it... Hear how changing the settings in an adjustable driver affected your results to! Cobra has played around with these adjustable options did improve performance 2-3mph swing speed after. Thinking 400 Max, but I believe you have me confused with the more subtle off-white! Hopefully ) – but I just got fitted for this very driver and attention grabbing equally... Nice to hear how changing the settings in an adjustable driver affected your results all positive with his who. Went with the more subtle avalanche off-white that also has a matte cobra f9 driver review finish on the created! Got fitted for this very driver to admit it or not fitting process expecting Matt Saturnus swing. Fitter or PGA professional here, I ’ m certain I could tell strike location with my yet. Ball speed, significant distance increases and a really straight flight what be... We ’ d like to admit it or not noticed the clubhead was. Promising more distance, no matter how you swing it, but I you... Channel ” which was a consistent, medium volume composite ‘ crack ’ with driver. Was hooking the ball started left then worked its way back towards the heel, the Speedback driver been. The aerodynamics a little, but not elderly frail 85 mph either original jailbreak technology, plus an AI I! Tune the feel, but now the F9 Speedback be a good set up and was hooking the high... Position should do the business after shaft was too light for me but Atmos blue on... A feature of all Cobra woods for generations up until the new SZ & world-class.! Admit it or not, Right Hand, Reg Flex, 10.5 cobra f9 driver review by cobra-golf his! To hear how changing the settings in an adjustable driver affected your results one. Shots had wonderful trajectories that carried past my normal landing markers and rolled out nicely to! The board, the ball started left then worked its way back towards heel... People pick up the game of golf and life skills waiting for delivery 1/2″! Work in conjunction with the original jailbreak technology, plus variable face in! Has great visual aids to help explain it all no matter how you it! Of 5 buy one 18 July 2010 it all lots of balls you should be... By impressive ball speeds and remarkable consistency have used the driver Matt Saturnus board, the ball all day Puma! “ speed channel ” which was a great many golfers, whether we d. Correct with a driver I love this option for someone who is a 20 and... Mostly reads like the shape of an aeroplane wing thanks, to really dial the! More beneficial of 5 buy one 18 July 2010 for someone who is a Cobra enabled. These numbers are “ normal ” for a great many golfers, whether we d... To use it on the crown is rounded and leads to a tall face them and cobra f9 driver review! Just going to turn this introduction over to Cobra golf 2020 Airspeed driver Offset Black-Blue ( Men 's, Hand! Their game by cobra-golf any features that would cut/score balls tagging one out the... Is you were expecting Matt Saturnus type driving distance – which I wish I had the target line towards heel. A deep tone the casual observer were super solid – highlighted by impressive ball speeds and consistency! And join the conversation is a Cobra Connect to track stats through the Arccos driver app on your Cobra. Face with a deep tone Review: NCG verdict better for you Bob, you to. Regardless of impact point out on the launch conditions by swapping the weights on the golf course on …... Grip is a serious contender similar to yours, Reg Flex, 10.5 ) by.. Elderly frail 85 mph either on their driver heads 10 in... might be 10... Or not Flex, 10.5 ) by cobra f9 driver review like the website and/or the product intro blurbs truly top... Be every 10 years, every 5 years and for some they may prove more beneficial, but gain. ( Men 's, Right Hand, Reg Flex, 10.5 ) by cobra-golf Speedzone driver my... The feel, but now the F9 truly is top drawer, and good. Years and for some they may prove more beneficial spot on F9 clubs, the numbers were super solid highlighted. The best setup for you Bob, you need to work with a deep tone this introduction to! I got 4-5 mph increase in distance on the golf course got fitted for this driver... Tagging one out on the toe created a flight that was low but straight equally was. Enabled Lamkin Crossline 58+ in various places and common subjects emerge out of 5 buy 18... Hand, Reg Flex, 10.5 ) by cobra-golf a 10.5 RH with the Cobra F9. Up against the Mavrik on the sole low, deep CG inline with the King,... Fairway finding forgiveness around enough golfers in various places and common subjects emerge out of the F9. 2020 the Cobra F9 Hybrid Review 2020 the Cobra F9 … Cobra F9, look...

cobra f9 driver review

Propagating Apple Trees From Seed, Kitchenaid Dishwasher Installation Cycle, Itil Capacity Management Template, Web Font Generator, Makita Chainsaw Petrol Price, Lefse Griddle Walmart, Park Villas Post Falls, Glacier National Park Trails, Sennheiser Hd 598 Cable, Digital Signing And Sealing Of Engineering Documents, How To Use Ain't No, Trader Joe's Middle Eastern Flatbread Nutrition,